A crockpot full of these Super Sloppy Joes are the perfect addition to your Super Bowl Bash, or simply supper this week.
To begin, dice a red bell pepper and an onion.
In a large skillet, sauté the onion & pepper in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until tender.
Add in 2 pounds of ground beef (I used 1 lb beef, 1 lb bison) and cook until browned, breaking it up with your spoon.
When the meat is browned, drain off any excess grease. I use lean beef, so I rarely need to drain anything. Place the meat mixture in your crockpot.
Add in a teaspoon of hot paprika, and a half teaspoon each of roasted coriander, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Add in 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, a tablespoon each of Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
About 4 or 5 dashes of tobasco or other hot pepper sauce.
And finally, 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
Stir this all together. Cover and cook it on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Enjoy the sandwiches made on your favorite rolls, with a slice of cheese if you like.
Serve them with some fries, pickles or maybe some potato salad.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp roasted coriander
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tb tomato paste
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tb red wine vinegar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 4 or 5 dashes of Tobasco or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- sandwich rolls
- sliced cheese, pickles (optional)
- To begin, dice your pepper and onion. Sauté them with the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until tender. Add in the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up a bit with your spoon. Drain off any excess grease if necessary. Add those to your crockpot along with all of the remaining ingredients. Stir it all together. Cover and cook it on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Enjoy the sandwiches made on your favorite rolls, with a slice of cheese if you like.
Today the Sunday Supper team has brought you a super spread for your game day events. Thank you to Heather Lynne of Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks for hosting this week!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.