With crunchy pecans and flavorful apple bits, this Apple Pecan Bread is the perfect autumn treat.
You really can’t go wrong with this quick bread. You can enjoy one loaf today and freeze the other to have another day if you like.
Apple Pecan Bread
Author: Constance Smith | CosmopolitanCornbread.com
- 4 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 c sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ c buttermilk
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced (you can peel them if you prefer)
- ⅔ c chopped pecans
- to begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 standard 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. Stir together and set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the creamy mixture until just incorporated.
- Mix in the buttermilk, and then finish with the remaining flour mixture, until just combined. Stir in your diced apples and chopped pecans.
- Spread the mixture into the loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until they test done with a toothpick. Allow the loaves to cool a couple minutes in the pans, and then remove them from a pan, to a cooling rack.
You May Also Like:
- Sunrise Muffins
- German Apple Bread with Rum Raisins
- Chunky Bacon & Apple Cheddar Bread
- Apple Scones
- Apple Fritter Waffles
- Caramel Apple Pie