Bacon and Waffles. Can you think of anything more perfect? How about putting them together and making Bacon Waffles in honor of National Waffle Day?
These waffles start with – of course – some bacon. I like to use a good, thick bacon.
Soured milk gives these waffles a nice mock sour dough taste.
You can make these in a standard waffle maker or a Belgian waffle maker. I love my round one, because it flips to spread the batter and has a built-in timer.
You can watch these waffles being made in the video here.
Enjoy these delicious waffles topped with a pat of butter and some real maple syrup. These would also be perfect with some fried chicken for “Chicken & Bacon Waffles.” Let you imagination run wild!
- 5 slices, thick cut bacon
- 1½ c milk
- 1½ Tb lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 Tb baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 1¾ c flour
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter, melted
- To begin, fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Set aside for now.
- In your measuring cup, combine the milk and lemon juice. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add in the soured milk and give it a quick stir.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Then add in the flour and mix until the batter is smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Now for the bacon. Cut the bacon into thin slices, or dice it. Whichever you prefer. Add the cut bacon to the waffle batter and stir it together.
- Now make them according to your waffle-maker instructions.
I seriously love waffles, and have shared several recipes for them here on Cosmopolitan Cornbread.
But as far as I’m concerned, you can never have enough waffles, and I think the Sunday Supper team agrees!
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Korean Fried Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Luau Egg Benedict Waffle by Brunch-n-Bites
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Scallion Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef Waffles by Family Foodie
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Thanks to Sue Lau from A Palatable Pastime for hosting this week.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
This recipe was also shared in the Meal Plan Monday link-up at Southern Plate.