Classic and delicious Buttermilk Pancakes are a great way to start your morning off right.
Looking back, I can recall many a morning as I grew up, that I started off with pancakes. Of course now as an adult, I’ll even make them for a fun supper once in a while. There are no rules when it comes to pancakes. You will love these fluffy, classics!
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 Tb sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2¼ c buttermilk
- butter or oil for cooking
- To begin, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar together in a bowl. Give it a stir with a whisk to combine. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and the buttermilk. Mix until this is just combined and smooth.
- To make the pancakes, heat your griddle over medium heat. (I use an electric griddle set to 350 degrees.) Lightly coat the griddle with butter or oil (whichever you prefer) and using a ¼ cup measuring cup, portion out the pancakes, giving them plenty of room to "grow."
- Cook until the pancakes are bubbling on top, and slightly dry in the edges. This will take 2-4 minutes depending on how hot your griddle is. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side until golden.
- Repeat with all of the batter.
This week the Sunday Supper team is having a slumber party! From midnight snacks to breakfast, we have you covered. Check out all of these goodies for your next over-nighter:
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Reply To: 10-09-16 Sleepover Foods Preview HTML