This Brazilian inspired “Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha” cocktail will have you dancing pool side in no time!
As soon as the theme for this week’s Sunday Supper was announced, I knew exactly what I wanted to share with you today.
A caipirinha is a traditional Brazilian cocktail that is normally made of cachaça, sugar and lime. I added my own little twist with the coconut – because what goes better with lime that coconut?
All together now! “She put the Lime in the Coconut…”
Place a quarter of the lime in a shaker with a tablespoon of sugar.
Mash the sugar and lime quarter together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Add in a tablespoon of coconut milk and 2 ounces of coconut rum.
Toss in 3 or 4 ice cubes, put the lid on and shake it all up.
Pour the contents into a small glass and top with a pinch of shredded sweetened coconut and garnish with a lime slice.
- 1 lime
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1 Tb coconut milk
- 2 oz. coconut rum
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 tsp shredded, sweetened coconut
- To begin cut a fresh lime in half, and cut one half in half again.
- In a shaker jar, combine a quarter of the lime with the sugar. Mash them together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add in the coconut milk, rum and ice. Close the shaker jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the contents into a small glass, top with the coconut. Garnish with a slice of lime cut from the remaining lime half.
Grab your beach towel, sunglasses and swimsuits and check out these pool-perfect recipes!
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Classic Spanish Sangria by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Minted Limeade with Vodka by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pool Water by From Gate to Plate
- Sparkling Mermaid Lemonade by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Guacamole by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Fruit Quesadillas by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- Tuna Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon Brie Salad by Brunch with Joy
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:
- 5 Fantastic Frozen Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M’s Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook
- Under the Sea Dessert by Feeding Big
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.