This Brazilian inspired “Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha” cocktail will have you dancing pool side in no time!
A caipirinha is a traditional Brazilian cocktail that is normally made of cachaça, sugar and lime. I added my own little twist with the coconut – because what goes better with lime that coconut?
All together now! “She put the Lime in the Coconut…”
Place a quarter of the lime in a shaker with a tablespoon of sugar.
Mash the sugar and lime quarter together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Add in a tablespoon of coconut milk and 2 ounces of coconut rum.
Toss in 3 or 4 ice cubes, put the lid on and shake it all up.
Pour the contents into a small glass and top with a pinch of shredded sweetened coconut and garnish with a lime slice.
- 1 lime
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1 Tb coconut milk
- 2 oz. coconut rum
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 tsp shredded, sweetened coconut
- To begin cut a fresh lime in half, and cut one half in half again.
- In a shaker jar, combine a quarter of the lime with the sugar. Mash them together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add in the coconut milk, rum and ice. Close the shaker jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the contents into a small glass, top with the coconut. Garnish with a slice of lime cut from the remaining lime half.
Grab your beach towel, sunglasses and swimsuits and check out these pool-perfect recipes!
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Classic Spanish Sangria by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minted Limeade with Vodka by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pool Water by From Gate to Plate
- Sparkling Mermaid Lemonade by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Guacamole by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Fruit Quesadillas by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- Tuna Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon Brie Salad by Brunch with Joy
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:
- 5 Fantastic Frozen Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M’s Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook
- Under the Sea Dessert by Feeding Big