These super-easy cheese sticks make a great side dish for with dinner….or even an afternoon snack.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Lay a sheet of thawed puff pastry dough on your counter, and sprinkle it with some smoked paprika and a pinch or 2 of kosher salt.
Sprinkle over that half a cup of grated cheddar cheese, and press it into the dough a bit.
Cut the dough into 8 strips using a pizza cutter.
Fold a strip in half and kind of press it down. This just helps keep the insides from falling out.
Twist the strips and lay them on a baking sheet that is lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
Sprinkle a little ground pepper over the tops.
Bake them for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow them to cool for a couple minutes, and enjoy!
These are the basic cheese puff sticks, but you can get very creative with these.
How about some oregano, garlic powder and mozzarella cheese?
How about with some cayenne and sesame seeds?
Use your imagination and see what you can come up with!
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry dough, thawed
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp ground Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay the astry dough out on your counter.
- Sprinkle with the smoked paprika and salt.
- Cover with the shredded cheese and press the cheese into the dough.
- Cut the dough into 8 strips, using a pizza cutter.
- Fold each strip in half the long way, and press it together.
- Twist the strips and lay them on a baking sheet that has been lined with a slipat or parchment paper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool a couple minutes, and enjoy!
Replace salt, paprika, pepper and cheddar with 1 tsp Oregano, ½ tsp garlic powder & mozzarealla cheese.
Replace paprika with ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, and add a tablespoon Sesame Seeds.