This week the Sunday Supper team is getting their GREEN on with an “Eat Your Green” theme. I’m sharing a deliciously tangy ranch dressing that is perfect on your fresh, crispy green salad. This time of year when things begin to warm up, I find myself craving salads, and craving grilled things. On this particular day, I filleted some chicken breasts, brushed them with some olive oil and rubbed on some of my Cajun seasoning and grilled them up. Sliced and served on a bed of lettuce, this was supper. Mmmm…
To begin, you’ll need your blender handy. You’ll give some of the ingredients a rough chop, just so them blend up well. 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro and about 4 stalks of fresh chives. Give those a rough chop.
In your blender, you’ll add 3/4 cup each of mayonnaise and plain Greek yogurt.
Now, peel and coarsely chop 2 cloves of garlic and toss those in. Grab a lime and grate off about 2 teaspoons of the zest. Squeeze 3 tablespoons of lime juice into the blender.
Toss in the greens, garlic and zest, along with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup of milk, and a half teaspoon each of salt & pepper.
Blend it all together until it is smooth.
Store the dressing in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks in your fridge.
- ⅓ c fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Tb lime juice and
- 2 tsp lime zest from a fresh lime
- ¾ c mayonnaise
- ¾ c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine everything in a blender, and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy on your favorite salad.
Join us as we get our GREEN on for Sunday Supper, and thanks to our resident Foodie Stunt Man for hosting this week!
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.