Nothing says “summer” more that coconut and lime. These two perfect-for-hot-weather flavors come together in this light, dairy-free Coconut Lime Ice Cream. You’ll love to treat yourself to this – with no guilt!
To begin, in a small saucepan combine 1/2 c water and 2/3 c sugar. Bring it to a boil to dissolve the sugar into a simple syrup. Cool to room temperature and then chill completely. I usually stick it in the freezer for a bit to get it good and cold. Just don’t forget it in there and let it freeze!
In a mixing bowl, you’ll need the zest of a whole lime.
After you zest it, juice the lime along with a second one into the bowl. It’s okay if some pulp gets in there, just no seeds.
Add in 2 cups of coconut milk and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut. Give these a stir to combine and then pour them into your ice cream maker. Freeze according to your machine’s instructions.
Just look at that! Once your ice cream has finished freezing in the machine, scoop it into a container and place it in the freezer for an hour or more before serving.
This ice cream has a light and airy texture that is similar to a sorbet.
- ½ c water
- ⅔ c sugar
- 2 limes (zest of one, juice of both)
- 2 c coconut milk
- ¼ c shredded coconut
- To begin, combine the sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil to dissolve the sugar into a simple syrup. Cool to room temperature and then chill completely. I usually stick it in the freezer for a bit to get it good and cold. Just don’t forget it in there and let it freeze!
- In a mixing bowl, zest one of the limes into it. After you zest it, juice the lime along with the second one into the bowl. It’s okay if some pulp gets in there, just no seeds.
- Add in the coconut milk and shredded coconut. Give these a stir to combine and then pour them into your ice cream maker. Freeze according to your machine’s instructions.
- Once your ice cream has finished freezing in the machine, scoop it into a container and place it in the freezer for an hour or more before serving.
Are you ready for summer? Well the Sunday Supper team sure is! Check out all of these sweet summertime recipes they have brought for you…
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Thanks to T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting this week!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement