In our house, we love having breakfast for dinner. I make this casserole in a crockpot on busy days, because there is very little that needs to be done, and if I’m not home, the kids or the hubby can do the other steps for me. Then we can all enjoy this together for dinner.
To begin, brown a pound of bulk breakfast sausage.
While it is cooking, cube 6 or 7 red or gold potatoes.
Dice a red onion.
Then de-seed and dice a poblano pepper.
Stir these all together in a crockpot that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Allow these to cook on low for 6 hours. Then beat together 10 eggs, 1/3 cup of milk, and a teaspoon each of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Pour the mixture over the top.
Then sprinkle on some grated cheese – cheddar, Monterey jack, pepper-jack, you decide.
Allow this to cook covered for another hour, or until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite salsa or hot sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 6-7 red or golden potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 10 eggs
- ⅓ c milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 c grated cheese
- hot sauce or salsa for serving
- To being, cook the sausage in a skillet until browned.
- De-seed and dice the poblano pepper. Cube the potatoes in large 1½ inch pieces, and dice the onion.
- Lightly spray the inside of your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, then stir those together in the crockpot. Cook covered on low for 6 hours.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, and stir in the salt & pepper. Pour this over the top of the mixture in the crockpot. Top with cheese. Cover and let this cook for another hour or until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Serve with hot sauce or salsa. Enjoy!