Tender muffins filled with your Thanksgiving cranberry sauce leftovers, make a delicious start to your morning.
To begin, preheat y our oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with papers, and set it aside for now.
In your mixing bowl, combine 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and cinnamon. Give those a quick stir to mix.
Measure out 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of milk. Add in 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of vanilla and an egg.
Whisk them all together in the measuring cup, or a small dish.
Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them together until well combined.
Spoon about a teaspoon or so of the batter into the bottom of each muffin cup – enough to cover the bottom.
Spoon a teaspoon of cranberry sauce into the center of each cup. I am using some of my homemade sauce, but the canned kind works just as well.
Spoon the remaining batter into the cups, dividing it evenly.
Top each with a teaspoon of demerera (raw) sugar.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick. Remove to a cooling rack and cool for a few minutes.
Serve the muffins warm or room temperature.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup + 2 Tb milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 teaspoons cranberry sauce, divided
- 12 teaspoons of demerera (raw) sugar, divided
- To begin, preheat y our oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with papers, and set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Give those a quick stir to mix, and set aside.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl, combine the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Whisk them together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them together until well combined.
- Spoon about a teaspoon or so of the batter into the bottom of each muffin cup – enough to cover the bottom.
- Spoon a teaspoon of cranberry sauce into the center of each cup. I am using some of my homemade sauce, but the canned kind works just as well.
- Spoon the remaining batter into the cups, dividing it evenly.
- Top each with a teaspoon of demerera (raw) sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick. Remove to a cooling rack and cool for a few minutes. Serve the muffins warm or room temperature.
Today the Sunday Supper team is bringing you recipes to put those Thanksgiving leftovers to good use. You’ll want to save every last one of these for later this week!
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins by The Foodie Army Wife
- Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Strata by Ruffles & Truffles
- Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Turkey & Chorizo Breakfast Hash by Brunch with Joy
- Italian Mashed Potato Pancakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cranberry Sauce’d Corn Bread Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
- Leftover Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Stuffing Hash by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Turkey Pizza by Meal Diva
- Turkey & Caramelized Onion Risotto by kimchi MOM
- Turkey with Creamy Mushroom Marsala Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Moroccan Turkey Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Peruvian Cilantro & Turkey Soup by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Turkey & Butternut Squash Stew by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Kreplach Soup by Panning the Globe
- Turkey & Stuffing Crepes by Peaceful Cooking
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by NeighborFood
- Herbed Turkey over Cornbread Waffles with Cranberry Sauce by girlichef
- Creamy Peanut Gochujang Pasta by Wallflour Girl
- Cranberry Sweet Potato Soup by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Turkey Enchilada Pasta Bake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Orzo Risotto by Family Foodie
- Turkey Croquettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Croquettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter by Healthy Delicious
- Cranberry-Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower and Potatoes by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Cakes by Bobbi’s Cozy Kitchen
- Cranberry & Turkey Sandwich by The Redhead Baker
- Monte Cristo Sandwich by Nik Snacks
- Hot Brown Turkey Sandwiches by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Turkey Cranberry Flatbread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Condiments & Sauces:
- Cranberry Vinaigrette by Nosh My Way
- Leftover White Wine Syrup by Food Lust People Love
- DIY Yellow Mustard by The Texan New Yorker
- Banana Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust by Desserts Required
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Lemon Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce Buckle by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Cocktails & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.