Cranberry Sauce Muffins and over 40 more recipes for your Thanksgiving Leftovers!
Cranberry Sauce Muffins are a surprising way to enjoy that leftover cranberry sauce. Have these on Friday morning and start the day off right!
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with papers, and set it aside for now.
In your mixing bowl, combine 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and cinnamon. Give those a quick stir to mix.
Measure out 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of milk. Add in 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of vanilla and an egg.
Whisk them all together in the measuring cup, or a small dish.
Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them together until well combined.
Spoon about a teaspoon or so of the batter into the bottom of each muffin cup – enough to cover the bottom.
Spoon about 2 teaspoons of cranberry sauce into the center of each cup. I am using some of my homemade sauce, but the canned kind works just as well.
Spoon the remaining batter into the cups, dividing it evenly.
Top each with a teaspoon of demerera (raw) sugar.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick. Remove to a cooling rack and cool for a few minutes.
Serve the muffins warm or room temperature.
You May Also Like These from Cosmopolitan Cornbread:
- Ham & Cheese Calzones
- Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
- Cheddar Ham Chowder
- Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- Creamed Turkey & Biscuits
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole
- How to Make Homemade Turkey Stock
- 1¾ c all-purpose flour
- ¾ c sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ c + 2 Tb milk
- ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 8 Tb cranberry sauce, divided
- 4 Tb demerera (raw) sugar, divided
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with papers, and set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Give those a quick stir to mix.
- In the measuring cup or a small dish, whisk together the milk, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract and the egg.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them together until well combined.
- Spoon about a teaspoon or so of the batter into the bottom of each muffin cup – enough to cover the bottom.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of cranberry sauce into the center of each cup. I use my homemade sauce, but the canned kind works just as well.
- Spoon the remaining batter into the cups, dividing it evenly.
- Top each with a teaspoon of demerera (raw) sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick.
- Remove to a cooling rack and cool for a few minutes.
Check out all of these great ideas for putting Thanksgiving (or other holiday feast) leftovers to use:
- Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Strata by Ruffles & Truffles
- Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Italian Mashed Potato Pancakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cranberry Sauce’d Corn Bread Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
- Leftover Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Stuffing Hash by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Turkey Pizza by Meal Diva
- Turkey & Caramelized Onion Risotto by kimchi MOM
- Turkey with Creamy Mushroom Marsala Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Moroccan Turkey Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Peruvian Cilantro & Turkey Soup by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Turkey & Butternut Squash Stew by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Kreplach Soup by Panning the Globe
- Turkey & Stuffing Crepes by Peaceful Cooking
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by NeighborFood
- Herbed Turkey over Cornbread Waffles with Cranberry Sauce by girlichef
- Creamy Peanut Gochujang Pasta by Wallflour Girl
- Cranberry Sweet Potato Soup by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Turkey Enchilada Pasta Bake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Orzo Risotto by Family Foodie
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Croquettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter by Healthy Delicious
- Cranberry-Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower and Potatoes by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Cakes by Bobbi’s Cozy Kitchen
- Cranberry & Turkey Sandwich by The Redhead Baker
- Monte Cristo Sandwich by Nik Snacks
- Hot Brown Turkey Sandwiches by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Turkey Cranberry Flatbread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Condiments & Sauces:
- Cranberry Vinaigrette by Nosh My Way
- Leftover White Wine Syrup by Food Lust People Love
- DIY Yellow Mustard by The Texan New Yorker
- Banana Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust by Desserts Required
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Lemon Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce Buckle by The Wimpy Vegetarian