Tender pork with sweet potatoes and red bell pepper.
Crockpot Cuban Style Pork
Author: Constance Smith | CosmopolitanCornbread.com
- 1 Tb cooking oil
- 3 lb pork shoulder roast
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can (13 oz.) coconut milk
- ½ c salsa
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 scallions (green onions), sliced
- To begin, heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown the roast on both sides and then place it in your crockpot.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Diced the pepper.
- Spread the potatoes and pepper over the top of the roast. In a bowl, combine the
- coconut milk, salsa, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Whisk together and pour over the top of the crockpot contents. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Pull the pork apart with two forks and place in a bowl with some of the sweet potato chunks. Sprinkle with sliced scallions.
This recipe was originally shared over at Hip Homeschool Moms. See it HERE on Hip Homeschool Moms.