Today we are being joined by Gallo Family Vineyards to celebrate fathers!
We’re bringing you recipes to honor our fathers, whether the father that raised you, or the father that is raising kiddos with you.
When I was a kid, my dad enjoyed grilling out. He had a little charcoal grill, and there was something about the smell of those coals burning. I always knew something good was coming when I smelled it.
Now a days the “Dad” that lives under our roof, loves to “burn meat” as well. So to celebrate Father’s Day, we’re grilling a gorgeous flank steak that has been marinated overnight with a marinade with a Pinot Noir base.
To begin, in a bowl, combine a tablespoon of peppercorns, a teaspoon each of coriander, fennel salt, red pepper flakes and rosemary, 3 cloves of grated garlic, a third of a cup of extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons each of Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar. Whisk these together. Stir in two bay leaves.
Pour in a cup of beautiful Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir.
Whisk these all together to combine.
Grab your flank steak and “stab” it all over with a fork – or better yet, if you have one of these meat tenderizers, use this.
Fold the steak in half and place it inside a large ziplock bag. Pour in the marinade. Press out as much air as you can and seal the bag closed. “Squish” the bag all around to coat the meat and place it in your refrigerator overnight.
The next day when you are ready to cook, heat up your grill to medium high heat.
Cook on the grill for 7-8 minutes on each side or until it is to the “doneness” that you desire. Let it rest for 10 minutes on a platter, covered with a tent foil before you slice.
Cut into slices and serve with your favorite sides, and of course, a glass of wine.
- 1 Tb peppercorns
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp fennel salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tb red wine vinegar
- Stir in two bay leaves
- 1 c Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir (or other red wine)
- 1 whole flank steak
- To begin, in a bowl, combine the peppercorns, coriander, fennel salt, red pepper flakes, rosemary, grated garlic, extra virgin olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar. Whisk these together. Stir in the bay leaves. Pour in the red wine and stir to combine. Grab your flank steak and “stab” it all over with a fork – or better yet, if you have a meat tenderizer, use that. Fold the steak in half and place it inside a large ziplock bag. Pour in the marinade. Press out as much air as you can and seal the bag closed. “Squish” the bag all around to coat the meat and place it in your refrigerator overnight. The next day when you are ready to cook, heat up your grill to medium high heat. Cook on the grill for 7-8 minutes on each side or until it is to the “doneness” that you desire. Let it rest for 10 minutes on a platter, covered with a tent foil before you slice. Cut into slices and serve with your favorite sides, and of course, a glass of wine.
I love using both the Pinot Noir or their Café Zinfandel here. Pinot Noir for its rich flavor and their Café Zinfandel for this marinade because it combines the fruitiness of the wine with the heat of the red pepper and other spices. Whichever wine you happen to have on hand is perfect. I’ve even used a white wine in a pinch. Delicious!
For more information about Gallo Family Vineyards, you can connect with them via Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. And to see where you can find Gallo Family Vineyards’ variations, use This Locator. You can also get a coupon for Gallo wines HERE
Tell us, how will you be celebrating Father’s Day?
Here is an entire list of how the Sunday Supper team is honoring their Dads.
Father’s Day Salads and Main Dishes:
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles by Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.