All of the great flavor of Beef Stroganoff made in your Instant Pot. Quick, simple and delicious.
This recipe begins with 2 1/2 lb of chuck roast cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and a diced onion. (You can also use store prepared “stew meat” but chuck works best.)
Then in goes goodies like the beef broth, Dijon Mustard and sliced mushrooms.
After cooking, you stir in some sour cream, and then toss in some cooked egg noodles and supper is ready!
- 2½ lb beef chuck roast
- 1 c diced onion
- ½ c beef broth
- 2 Tb cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry parsely
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dill
- 2 Tb Dijon Mustard (whole grain is preferable)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 lb egg noodles or similar pasta, cooked according to package directions
- To begin, cut the chuck roast into 1½ inch pieces, discarding any large or hard chunks of fat. Place it into the Instant Pot along with the diced onion.
- In a dish, whisk together the beef broth and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add in the parsley, salt, pepper, dill, mustard and garlic. Stir these together to combine and set aside for a moment.
- Add the mushrooms to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the sauce all over it.
- Close your Instant Pot and set the controls to "Manual" - 40 minutes at high pressure. Let it run its cycle.
- Prepare the noodles when it is almost done.
- When it is finished, stir in the sour cream and toss in the cooked noodles, fold to combine.