These bars have a great crunchy texture, with the creamy, lemony and not-too-sweet filling. Mmmmm.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In your mixing bowl, combine a cup and a quarter of flour, a quarter teaspoon each of Salt and Baking Soda.
Add a cup of old-Fashioned Oats, and half a cup of Brown Sugar. Mix those together.
After it is combined, add a stick of room temperature butter. Mix a couple minutes, until it creates a crumbly mixture.
Take half of the crumb mixture, and press it into the bottom of a greased 9×9 baking dish.
Bake this for 10 minutes.
While it is baking, in a bowl combine 14 ounce of Sweetened Condensed Milk…
a tablespoon of fresh Lemon Zest
and a quarter cup of lemon juice
Whisk these together until completely mixed
When the base has baked, spoon the filling over the crust and spread it out smooth.
Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the filling, and then gently press it down somewhat smooth.
Bake it an additional 20 minutes, until golden.
Show a little patience, and allow this to cool completely.
Once cooled, cut into bars, and enjoy!
- 1¼ Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ c Brown Sugar
- 1 c Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 stick (1/2 c) Butter, room temperature
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tb fresh Lemon Zest
- ¼ c fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and brown sugar. Mix in the butter until ir forms a crumbly mixture.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While it is baking, whisk together the condensed milk, lemon zest and juice until fully combined.
- When the base has baked, spoon the filling over the crust. Smooth it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb topping over the filling, evenly.
- Then gently press it down with your hand to make it rather smooth.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, until just golden.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars and Enjoy!