This chocolate milk shake will make you think you’re drinking something naughty, but you will not find “guilt” in the ingredient list here.
This smoothie contains all sorts of good-for-you things, like frozen banana, almond butter and oats.
To make it blendable, pour in some coconut milk. If you don’t have any that isn’t frozen, you can use dairy milk, almond or soy instead.
Then you blend it all until smooth. I don’t have a stand-alone blender, I use the one that is part of my Bosch Universal set. It blends really, really well.
This is my favorite smoothie right now. I’ve had this as a “recovery drink” after my workout, as breakfast or even a quick lunch.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tb almond butter
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- ⅓ c rolled oats
- 2 cubes of frozen coconut milk
- ½ c milk (dairy, almond, soy or thawed coconut)
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender, and blend until smooth.