These delicious muffins are a handful of chocolate chips in a bath of Nutella. Just heavenly.
To begin, line a standard muffin tin with papers, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and a half teaspoon of salt.
Melt 1/3 cup of butter, and let it cool.
In your mixing bowl, combine 2/3 c brown sugar, the melted butter and a half cup of Nutella.
Beat those until smooth and add in two eggs.
When the eggs are combine in the mixture, add mix in half of the flour mixture.
Pour in 1 cup of whole milk and a teaspoon of hazelnut extract, mix in.
Then mix in the last of the flour mixture.
When the batter is combine, stir in a cup of chocolate chips.
Scoop the batter into your muffin tin.
On top of each muffin sprinkle a little bit of demerera (raw) sugar, about a half teaspoon on each.
Bake for 19-20 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick.
Cool them on a rack.
- 2¼ c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ c brown sugar
- ⅓ c butter, melted and cooled
- ½ c Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 tsp hazelnut extract
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 2 T demerera (raw) sugar, divided
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with papers, and set it aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar, butter, and Nutella. Mix in the eggs. Stir half of the flour mixture. Mix in the milk and hazelnut extract. When combined, mix in the remaining flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Sprinkle about a half teaspoon of the raw sugar on top of each muffin. Bake 19-20 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick. Cool on a rack.