Some days you just know that you are not going to have a minute to spare when it comes to dinner time. Thankfully these Pizza Joes take just a few minutes to start, then you can forget about them until supper time!
Today I shared this recipe over at Hip Homeschool Moms. You can see the recipe made here.
- ½ c diced onion
- ½ c diced green bell pepper
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) pizza sauce
- sandwich rolls
- sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- To begin, saute the diced onion & green bell pepper with the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook until the turkey is opaque, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Place the meat mixture in your slow cooker and pour in the pizza sauce.
- Give it a stir, then cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Or 3-4 hours in high.)
- To serve, spoon the meat mixture onto a roll, top with a slice of cheese and enjoy!