Oats and brown sugar make for a wonderful topping on this autumn Pumpkin Crisp.
To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish, and set it aside for now.
In a mixing bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs.
Add in 1 can of pumpkin, a can of evaporated milk, 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 3/4 cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Whisk these until smooth. Pour the mixture into your baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
While it is baking, combine 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Mix until combined.
When the 15 minutes of baking are done, take the baking pan from the oven and crumple the oat mixture over the top. Place the dish back in the oven and turn the temperature down to 350 degrees. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the topping is golden brown.
Allow the dessert to cool to room temperature. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c melted butter
- ½ c brown sugar
- ⅓ c flour
- ½ c rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- For serving: whipped cream or ice cream
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish, and set it aside for now.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, sugar and vanilla. Whisk these until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- While it is baking, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- When the 15 minutes of baking are done, take the baking pan from the oven and crumble the oat mixture over the top.
- Place the dish back in the oven and turn the temperature down to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the topping is golden brown.
- Allow the dessert to cool to room temperature. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week’s recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica’s Table
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Plus, A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.