Fresh raspberry in a pillow of whipped cream make these Raspberry Fools a down right heavenly dessert that whips up in minutes.
To begin, place a cup of fresh raspberries in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
Mash the sugar and berries with a fork. Set it aside for now.
In a chilled mixing bowl, combine a cup of heavy whipping cream, a teaspoon of vanilla and two tablespoons of powdered sugar.
Whip these together just until stiff peaks form.
Add in your berry mash, and gently fold it in. Don’t mix it completely, leave the mixture a bit “swirly.” Scoop it into little dessert dishes.
Grab some crisp, thin cookies. I used butter wafers. You could also use chocolate crisps. Break the cookies into 1 1/2 inch pieces and stick a couple pieces in each dish.
Top each with a plump, gorgeous raspberry.
When you are busy spending time with your friends, this simple treat that is finished in under 10 minutes, is the perfect way to have dessert without hiding away in the kitchen for half of the evening.
- 1⅓ c fresh raspberries, divided
- ¼ c powdered sugar, divided
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 - 4 thin, crisp cookies
- To begin, place a cup of the berries in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with two tablespoons of the powdered sugar. Mash the sugar & berries together. Set those aside for now. In a chilled mixing bowl, combine the cream, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Beat them together on high speed just until stiff peaks form. Add the berry mash to the whipped cream, and fold it together until it is swirled in, but not completely mixed. Scoop the mixture into small dessert dishes. Break the cookies into 1½ inch pieces and stick a few into each dish. Top each with a beautiful berry.
Here’s a collection of “Tantalizing Trays” to treat your guests with this upcoming season of get-togethers. Whether it is friends over to watch football game or a holiday soiree, we have the recipes for you to satisfy your friends’ appetites.
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla