I have to tell you, that a good Reuben sandwich is pretty much my favorite sandwich ever. And because making sandwiches in your panini maker is so simple, these Reuben Paninis are sure to be your new favorites as well.
I mean, how can you go wrong with tangy sauerkraut, flavorful corned beef and melty Swiss cheese? That’s right, you can’t!
- ½ c olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tb ketchup
- 2 Tb dill pickle relish
- 2 Tb fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 lb corned beef (use a good quality deli meat)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- room temperature butter
- 8 slices rye or rye/pumpernickel bread
- To begin, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir these together until combined, and set aside for a moment.
- Lightly butter each slice of bread on one side. (The buttered side is the outside of the sandwich.)
- Smear a good layer of dressing on one slice of bread on the inside.
- Layer on a slice of Swiss cheese, ¼ of the corned beef, ¼ of the sauerkraut and another slice of Swiss cheese.
- Top with the second slice of bread, again, butter side out.
- Repeat with all of the three remaining sandwiches.
- Cook these in your hot panini press until golden and crispy on the outside, and the cheese is melted and meat is hot.
- Enjoy these crazy-good sandwiches!
This week, the Sunday Supper team is celebrating the humble grilled cheese sandwich. Frankly, I adore a grilled cheese sandwich, and besides the Reuben above, I love just about any grilled cheese sandwich that crosses my path. Check out some of the creations of our talented foodies below…
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Not You Average ‘Wiches
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Smoked Brie, Bacon and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Our Good Life
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Blackberry Jam by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Southern Gentleman’s Grilled Cheese with Cherry-Bourbon Jam by Gourmet Everyday
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 6:00 pm CST/7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.