You’ll want to make these light as a feather, Ricotta Pancakes very soon!
I find that making pancakes is most easily done on my electric griddle. The temperature holds steady and I can cook many of them at a time.
- 1½ cup flour
- ¼ c white cornmeal
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- 2 cups buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs, placing the egg yolks in a medium sized bowl, and the whites in another deep mixing bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese to the egg yolks. Whisk together and then whisk in the buttermilk.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined, and smooth. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, but not to the pint that they look dry. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined.
- On an oiled skillet or griddle, cook by quarter cups until golden.