To begin, you are going to slice up a green bell pepper and a red bell pepper into strips, and slice up an onion.
In your crockpot, pour in a can of fire-roasted, diced tomatoes.
To that, you will add a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, a quarter cup of Ketchup, 2 teaspoons of Cumin, and a pinch or 2 of salt.
Give those a little stir.
Now toss in some Jalapeno slices…up to 1/3 of a cup, depending on how hot you want this. I used 6 slices, and it wasn’t spicy at all. (I’m a wimp.)
Take a pound of skirt steak, and cut it into a couple sections, just so it fits down in the crockpot well.
Mince up 3 cloves of Garlic, and then toss everything into the crockpot.
Stir it all together.
Cook this on low for 7-8 hours. About 5 hours through, give it a gentle stir, just to make sure the meat is all down in the mixture.
After it has cooked, scoop out the meat, and shred it with forks.
Now rough-chop a cup of Green Olives, and toss those and the meat back into the crockpot, stir them in.
Serve with rice, and Enjoy!
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 15 oz. Fire-Roasted, Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ c Ketchup
- 1 Tb Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 lb Skirt Steak
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ¼ – ⅓ cup Jalapeno slices
- 1 c Green Olives
- Cooked Rice for serving
- Cut your bell peppers into strips, and slice your onion. Mince the garlic cloves.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the olives and rice in your crockpot.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours. About 5 hours through, give it a gentle stir.
- When the cooking is completed, scoop out the steak pieces, and shred them with forks.
- Rough-chop the olives, and combine all back in the crockpot.
- Serve with cooked rice.