For those that don’t know, my friend Carol and I are the editors of Alabama Women Bloggers. It is an online community that we are building to connect blogging ladies in the state of Alabama. Because we have had such a huge amount of recent growth, and many new members, we thought that a “self-interview” would be a great way to learn about one another. Kari Scott, our fantastic “Blogger of the Month” coordinator came up with the set of questions. We will be having a “link-up” for everyone to share the links for their interviews over on ALWB. And so, without further ado, here’s my interview.
1. What part of the state do you call home?
2. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging since 2006, started a “homepage” in 1998.
3. Why did you start blogging?
To share recipes and family updates with friends and loved ones all over the place.
4. What do you love most about blogging?
I love meeting people, and the opportunities that is has afforded me over the years. My favorite thing though, are the great comments I receive when people love a recipe I shared.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years, all of my children will have graduated from high school, and I would love to be blogging full time as a career. Or maybe running my own coffee shop. Or teaching cooking classes. Or…
6. What is your favorite movie?
Oh my, I don’t think I could pick just one. Here’s a sampling of movies I love:
7. If you could use any actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
The first one that comes to mind is Jodie Foster. I like her. She’s classy and strong.
8. Name the top 5 things on your bucket list.
Some of these are just wishful thinking, but…
9. Who or what inspired you to blog?
My dear friend Catherine Staat
10. If you could be known for one thing in your life, what would it be?
Truthfully, for being a Godly woman.
11. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?
The mountains – as far away from civilization as possible.
12. Describe the best moment in your life.
Every time my husband came home from a combat zone to my children and me.
13. We’re headed to your neck of the woods for one day, what is one thing we have to do and name the restaurant we must eat at.
I really haven’t been here long enough to decide yet.
14. What is a tradition you and your family have?
We aren’t real big on ceremony around here. But this week is my son’s birthday and on birthdays the “Birthday Person” always gets to pick what we do for supper. When the kids were little, they could pick a restaurant. We rarely eat out, so they saw it as a real treat – but over the years, they prefer to have me make their favorite dishes. Almost every year, my elder son asks for Baked Ham. And rather than a birthday cake, he goes back and forth between Ice Cream Dessert and Pumpkin Pie. This year it’s the pie.
15. We all love social media, share your links so we can follow you.
These are all at the top of my page.