Juicy, flavorful chicken from your Instant Pot for an effortless and fast meal any time.
I have to tell you, my Instant Pot has become a lifesaver around here. There are times where I am so busy, I just don’t have time to cook. This recipe is perfect for those kinds of days. I can toss the ingredients in the Instant Pot, go back to what I was doing, and a little while later it’s ready to eat.
I made this very recipe recently when I was busy working on some projects. I had intended to make something else…looked up and saw what time it was and yikes! It was much too late to start the other recipe I had planned, and I needed to make something… so this was it. Fast and delicious!
You can also make this recipe in your slow cooker if that is your preferred method. I have both methods included in the printable version of this recipe below.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tb ground cumin
- ½ c salsa (your favorite variety)
- ½ c chicken broth
- For serving:
- tortillas or taco shells
- Your favorite taco toppings, such as shredded cheese, sliced black olives, guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce, etc.
- To begin, place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your Instant Pot (or other electric pressure cooker.)
- Sprinkle the chili powders and cumin all over the top of the chicken.
- Spread the salsa over the top.
- Pour the chicken broth around the chicken, into the bottom of the pot.
- Cover and close your pressure cooker. Cook the chicken for 25 minutes on high pressure.
- When the chicken is done cooking, shred the meat with two forks.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings in hard or soft tortilla shells.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @cosmopolitancornbread on Instagram and hashtag it #cosmocornbread