Now that summer is here, cold side dishes are must-have recipes. This particular one is my super-fast, very easy macaroni salad.
To start, cook a 1 lb package of pasta until it is just done. I like to use something like shells or gamelle, but if you want to use traditional macaroni, feel free. As soon as it is done cooking, drain it and run it under cold water to cool the pasta, and stop the cooking process.
In your serving bowl, combine a half cup of Mayonnaise and a quarter cup of Ranch Dressing.
To that had a half teaspoon each of Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper.
Add 2 tablespoons of Milk, and whisk it all together.
Toss in your pasta and stir it to coat.
Finally, you are going to add a cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese, a third of a cup of cooked, crumbled Bacon, and 2 Tablespoons of very finely minced onion.
Stir it all together and you are done! Give it a taste to see if you want a little more salt & pepper, and adjust to taste.
- 1 lb Small Macaroni-like pasta
- ½ c Mayonnaise
- ¼ c Ranch Dressing
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tb Milk
- 1 c shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ⅓ c cooked, crumbled Bacon
- 2 Tb very finely diced Onion
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for Al Dente. Immediately drain and run under cold water. In your serving bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, garlic powder, salt pepper and milk. Add in your pasta and stir to coat.
- Add in the cheese, bacon and onion. Stir to combine.
- Add extra salt and pepper if needed, to taste.