Little omelette “muffins” packed with veggies and a touch of pancetta and cheese.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Dice half of a red bell pepper.
In a bowl, preferably one with a pour spout, whisk 14 eggs until smooth.
Add in a half cup of milk and some salt & pepper. Whisk until combined and frothy.
Sauté the diced pepper in a skillet with a tablespoon of oil, until just tender. Toss in a cup and a half of fresh baby spinach. Cook just until the spinach is wilted.
Meanwhile slice two scallions.
Pour the egg mixture into a greased standard muffin pan, dividing evenly among the cups.
Add in some of the pepper and spinach mixture to each cup.
Drop a couple pieces of diced pancetta into each cup.
Add in a few slices of scallion.
Top with a tablespoon or so of shredded parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the eggs are set. The cups with “puff up” while they bake and then settle when the come out of the oven.
Serve with some fresh salsa if you like. Sprinkle with a couple extra slices of scallion.
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ c fresh baby spinach
- 14 eggs
- ½ c milk
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 scallions
- ⅓ c diced pancetta, divided
- ¾ c shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- fresh salsa for serving, optional
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Dice the bell pepper. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the pepper until just tender. Toss in the baby spinach and cook until it is wilted. Remove from heat. Slice the scallions. In a bowl with a pour spout, whisk the eggs until smooth. Add in the milk, salt and pepper, and whisk until frothy. Pour the egg mixture evenly into a greased standard muffin pan. Drop the pepper and spinach into the eggs, dividing evenly. Sprinkle in a few slices of scallion (reserving a few for garnishing) as well as a few bits of the diced pancetta. Top with a tablespoon of cheese on each cup. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the eggs are set. Cups will puff up as they cook and then settle when you take them out of the oven.
- Serve topped with a few extra slices of scallion and fresh salsa if you like.