25 Wild Game Recipes for those with a sense of Adventure!
I am a big fan of hunting. I know it’s not for a lot of people out there, but that’s okay.
There is a mind-set out there, that if you are going to eat meat, then you should just go buy it at the store like everyone else.
But I have to say, I would much rather go out and harvest meat from an animal that lived its whole life the way it should. Eating the things it was made to eat, out in nature. As opposed to an animal that lived its whole life, crammed in with other animals, being fed who-knows-what, unhealthy and miserable.
There is something to be said about being more connected to your food supply. It gives you a greater appreciation for what you are putting on your table, and certainly causes you to never want to waste anything. Because you know the sacrifice that it took to put it there.
For the adventurous ones out there, this week I am sharing a collection of wild game recipes.
You’ll find everything from venison and moose, to squirrel and even…woodchuck!
25 Wild Game Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Quail from Flavor Mosaic
- Boozy Bacon Stewed Rabbit from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Buttermilk Fried Woodchuck (Groundhog) from Practical Self Reliance
- Caribou Andouille Chili from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Christmas Venison Jerky from Craft Invaders
- Cocktail Meatballs made with Elk from Beyond the Chicken Coop
- Drunk Moose Meatballs (award-winning appetizer) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fried Squirrel with Biscuits & Gravy from Practical Self Reliance
- Hearty Moose Meatball Stew from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Hearty Venison Chili (Gluten-Free) from Recipes from a Pantry
- How to Can Venison from Schneider Peeps
- How to Cook Dear Heart from Practical Self Reliance
- Italian Meatlballs (Elk) from Beyond the Chicken Coop
- Moose Chili from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Venison Stew from Recipes from a Pantry
- Beer Peppered Jerky (made with Caribou) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pheasant Breast with Whit Wine and Mushroom Sauce from London Unattached
- Roast Venison from Greedy Gourmet
- Skinny Toad-in-the-Hole (Venison) from London Unattached
- Traditional Brunswick Stew (Appalachian Squirrel Stew) from Practical Self Reliance
- Venison & Bacon Chili from Frugal Foodie Mama
- Venison Jerky Recipes from Ann’s Entitle Life
- Venison Stir Fry from Greedy Gourmet
- Venison Osso Buco Recipe from Ann’s Entitle Life
- White Rabbit Chili from Cosmopolitan Cornbread