Apple Spice Pulled Pork is tender pulled pork with spices and apple, cooked in your slow cooker.
To Make Apple Spice Pulled Pork you will need:
- pork loin
- fresh ginger
- ancho chili
- apple juice (or cider)
- slow cooker
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
This recipe is so simple to make, and the fact that it cooks in your slow cooker makes it all the better. You can start it in the morning and let it go all day and just shred it in time for supper.
I love the warm spices that go in this dish, cinnamon being the real hero of the recipe.
If you want to peel the apples, you can. I personally just leave it on the apples.
After the pork cooks, you simply transfer it to a pan.
Shred the pork with two forks.
Serve this Apple Spiced Pulled Pork with your favorite side dishes. I recommend some mashed sweet potatoes.
This is a great foundation recipe that you can use for many other things as well. Add it to a baked potato or top it with some barbecue sauce as well.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
Apple Spice Pulled Pork | Slow Cooker
- 4 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tb cumin
- 1 Tb cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 c apple juice, or natural apple cider
- 2 apples, cored and cut into wedges (peeling optional)
- To begin, cut your pork loin in half so that it fits in your slow cooker. Place it in your slow cooker
- Sprinkle all of the seasonings over the top of the pork.
- Pour in the apple juice or cider.
- Arrange the apple wedges in the slow cooker.
- Cover your slow cooker and let the pork cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a pan and shred it with forks.
- Mash the apples into the pork as you shred it.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.