These Chocolate Muffins are moist and chocolaty. They make an excellent alternative to traditional muffins that used refined sugars or flours. These muffins don’t even have flour at all!
I love these muffins because most grain-free muffins have a very eggy texture. These chocolate muffins are paleo muffins that are not eggy. They texture of these are very much like that of a traditional, moist muffin that is made with ordinary flour.
To Make these Flourless Chocolate Muffins, you will need:
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- baking soda
- natural cacao powder
- muffin pan
- muffin liner papers
- mixing bowl
- muffin scoop
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
When it comes to almond butter, pay close attention to what kind you use. My preferred kind of almond butter is the version that you make yourself at the grocery store. You can see it being churned out from roasted almonds and nothing else.
Many store-bought versions of pre-made almond butter have all sorts of additives. Most disappointing are the brands that tout a “healthy” reputation and claim they use only the best almonds. Yet, their almond butter is filled with added sugar. If those were really the best almonds, then why is the sugar needed?
You’ll start by whisking together the eggs and almond butter. Then you’ll add your maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Once those are nice and smooth, you’ll add in the dry ingredients.
Now if your cacao powder is lumpy at all, I recommend sifting it before you add it to the rest of the ingredients.
Scoop the batter into your prepared pan. Bake your muffins at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until they test done with a wooden pick inserted into the center.
Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool them.
Want more delicious muffin recipes? Click Here to See all the Muffin Recipes on Cosmopolitan Cornbread
From a Reader:
I made these as mini-muffins (12-13 muffins, 10 minutes bake time) and they came out GREAT. Not overly sweet, full flavor. This will be part of a regular rotation for me. Thank you! :-)Carole
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
The Best Flourless Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 c natural almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with muffin pan paper liners. This recipe makes about 8 muffins.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter and eggs until they are smooth.
- Whisk in the maple syrup and the vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth. If your cacao powder is lumpy at all, I highly recommend sifting the dry ingredients together first.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan, dividing the batter evenly between the 8 muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins test done when a wooden pick is inserted in the center.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.