Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Today we are being joined by Gallo Family Vineyards for a celebratory Sunday Supper. What are we celebrating? Well, most of us are celebrating National Moscato Day which comes on May 9th! Gallo Family Vineyards not only has a great moscato – they have three of them! A classic White Moscato, ruby Red Moscato, and a blushing Pink Moscato.
As I mentioned, most of us are celebrating National Moscato Day.
But in my house today, we are also celebrating another special event. Twenty-three years ago today, this photo was taken. Here we were in Georgia, having just been to the Justice of the Peace. My mother took this photo. The next day…we parted ways again. But that’s a whole ‘nother story.
So needless to say, celebrating National Moscato Day is the perfect opportunity to also celebrate our anniversary with a lovely cocktail.
To begin, thaw out 2 cups of frozen blackberries. Place them in your blender.
Add in 2 tablespoons of honey.
Blend the berries and honey until they are pureed.
Strain the mixture through a sieve to get rid of the seeds.
Place about 2 tablespoons of the puree into a champagne flute.
Then pour in some lovely chilled Moscato. Today I am using Gallo Family Vineyard’s Pink Moscato.
Give it a little stir – I find that a chopstick works perfectly for this.
Top with a whole frozen blackberry.
Enjoy and celebrate!
For more information about Gallo Family Vineyards, you can connect with them via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. And to see where you can find Gallo Family Vineyards’ variations, use This Locator. You can also get a coupon for Gallo wines HERE
Tell us, how will you celebrate National Moscato Day? Here is an entire list of how the Sunday Supper team is celebrating. How to choose!?
Appetizers and Mains:
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- 2 c frozen blackberries, thawed (reserving a few whole and frozen)
- 2 Tb honey
- 1 bottle Moscato, chilled
- To begin, set aside a few frozen blackberries. Keep them frozen.
- In your blender place the remaining blackberries - let them thaw. Add in the honey and blend until the blackberries are pureed. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove all the seeds. Place 2 tablespoons of the blackberry "cream" into a champagne flute. Fill the glass with your chilled Moscato. Stir with a swizzle stick or chop stick. Top with a frozen blackberry.