I can’t think of any dessert that evokes memories of summers gone by more than this Blueberry Cobbler. Topped with some vanilla ice cream, this is everything good about summer, right there in your bowl.
What I love about cobblers, is their rustic simplicity. A lightly sweet cake with a biscuity texture, beautiful fresh summer fruits and ice cream. How can you go wrong with that?
This week for Sunday Supper, we are sharing nostalgic summertime recipes. I can’t think of something that brings back memories from my childhood more, than a desert with ice cream in a blue melamine bowl. That’s my childhood right there. Every dessert, every bowl of ice cream, every bowl of cereal I ate in my entire childhood, was in a blue melamine bowl just like the one you see here.
Make this cobbler this weekend, and then make it again every chance that you get.
- 1½ c fresh blueberries (you can use frozen if they are out of season)
- ⅓ c + 2 Tb sugar
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tb baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ c unsalted butter (1½ stick), melted
- 1½ c milk
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- To begin. preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray - a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set it aside.
- Wash your blueberries and place them in a small dish. Sprinkle them with 2 Tb of sugar and set aside for a moment.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, remaining ⅓ cup of sugar and the salt. Give it a stir.
- Add in the melted butter and milk. Stir this together until it is just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the sugared blueberries all over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cobbler tests done in the center with a toothpick.
- Serve warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Take a trip down Memory Lane with these great recipes:
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
This recipe was also shared in the Meal Plan Monday link-up at Southern Plate