I can’t think of any dessert that evokes memories of summers gone by more than this Blueberry Cobbler. Topped with some vanilla ice cream, this is everything good about summer, right there in your bowl.
What I love about cobblers, is their rustic simplicity. A lightly sweet cake with a biscuity texture, beautiful fresh summer fruits and ice cream. How can you go wrong with that?
This week for Sunday Supper, we are sharing nostalgic summertime recipes. I can’t think of something that brings back memories from my childhood more, than a desert with ice cream in a blue melamine bowl. That’s my childhood right there. Every dessert, every bowl of ice cream, every bowl of cereal I ate in my entire childhood, was in a blue melamine bowl just like the one you see here.
Make this cobbler this weekend, and then make it again every chance that you get.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- 1 1/2 c fresh blueberries (you can use frozen if they are out of season)
- 1/3 c + 2 Tb sugar
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tb baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c unsalted butter (1 1/2 stick), melted
- 1 1/2 c milk
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- To begin. preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray - a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set it aside.
- Wash your blueberries and place them in a small dish. Sprinkle them with 2 Tb of sugar and set aside for a moment.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and the salt. Give it a stir.
- Add in the melted butter and milk. Stir this together until it is just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the sugared blueberries all over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cobbler tests done in the center with a toothpick.
- Serve warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.