Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes are a wonderful side dish for your holiday spread, and they don’t take a great deal of effort to make.
This dish begins with toasted pecans, butter, honey, spices and of course – bourbon.
After baking your sweet potatoes, you’ll peel and slice them and slice an apple as well.
Layered in a dish and topped with that wonderful bourbon and pecan mixture before baking, you can see how simple this recipe is to assemble.
Don’t you just want to dive into it before you even bake it!?
Mmmm…simple and delicious!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ⅓ c bourbon
- ½ c honey
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- To begin, place your sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until they are slightly soft and cooked through.
- Remove them from the oven and cool long enough that you can handle them without burning your hands, about 30 minutes.
- Peel the skins off of the potatoes and slice them into ½ inch thick slices.
- Core and slice a Granny Smith (or other firm baking) apple.
- In a 2 quart, buttered baking dish, arrange your sweet potato slices and apples. Set this aside for a moment.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, toss in your pecans and toast them until they are slightly browned and beautifully fragrant.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the butter.
- When the butter is melted, stir in the bourbon and remaining ingredients.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes & apple. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
With the holiday season yet in full swing, and activities galore going on, you may find yourself in a bit of a time crunch for entertaining. Here are some great last minute holiday recipe ideas:
- The Frenchy by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins by Alida’s Kitchen
- Gingerbread Scones by From Gate to Plate
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sausage Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Scallops with cranberry-bacon jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Easy Coconut macaroon by Healing Tomato
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks