Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes are a wonderful side dish for your holiday spread, and they don’t take a great deal of effort to make.
This dish begins with toasted pecans, butter, honey, spices and of course – bourbon.
After baking your sweet potatoes, you’ll peel and slice them and slice an apple as well.
Layered in a dish and topped with that wonderful bourbon and pecan mixture before baking, you can see how simple this recipe is to assemble.
Don’t you just want to dive into it before you even bake it!?
Mmmm…simple and delicious!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 c bourbon
- 1/2 c honey
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To begin, place your sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until they are slightly soft and cooked through.
- Remove them from the oven and cool long enough that you can handle them without burning your hands, about 30 minutes.
- Peel the skins off of the potatoes and slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Core and slice a Granny Smith (or other firm baking) apple.
- In a 2 quart, buttered baking dish, arrange your sweet potato slices and apples. Set this aside for a moment.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, toss in your pecans and toast them until they are slightly browned and beautifully fragrant.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the butter.
- When the butter is melted, stir in the bourbon and remaining ingredients.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes & apple. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and apples are tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.