This Brazilian inspired “Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha” cocktail will have you dancing pool side in no time!
A Caipirinha is a traditional Brazilian cocktail that is normally made of cachaça, sugar, and lime. I added my own little twist with the coconut – because what goes better with lime that coconut?
All together now! “She put the Lime in the Coconut…”
Place a quarter of the lime in a shaker with a tablespoon of sugar.
Mash the sugar and lime quarter together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Add in a tablespoon of coconut milk and 2 ounces of coconut rum.
Toss in 3 or 4 ice cubes, put the lid on, and shake it all up.
Pour the contents into a small glass and top with a pinch of shredded sweetened coconut and garnish with a lime slice.
Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha
- 1 lime
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1 Tb coconut milk
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon shredded, sweetened coconut
- To begin cut a fresh lime in half and then cut one half in half again.
- In a shaker jar, combine a quarter of the lime with the sugar. Mash them together with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add in the coconut milk, rum, and ice. Close the shaker jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the contents into a small glass and top with the coconut. Garnish with a slice of lime cut from the remaining lime half.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.