Cajun Sausage Skillet is a quick & flavorful dish to serve your family on any night.
I have to tell you, that this is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It is SO easy to make, and has a ton of flavor. Anytime there are leftovers, I can’t wait to eat them for lunch the next day!
- ⅔ c uncooked rice (and water needed to cook according to package directions)
- 1 green bell pepper
- ⅔ c diced onion
- 1 package (14 oz.) Andouille Sausage
- 2 Tb butter
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- To begin, cook the rice according to package directions.
- While the rice cooks, dice the pepper and onion and cut the sausage into ½ inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the pepper, onion & sausage. Cook until the pepper & onion are tender and the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, including the cooked rice, and stir together. Cook until the beans are heated through.
Spice Alert: Andouille sausage does have a little heat to it. If you have little ones, look for mild Andouille.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.