Cajun Sausage Skillet is a quick & flavorful dish to serve your family on any night.
I have to tell you, that this is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It is SO easy to make and has a ton of flavor. Anytime there are leftovers, I can’t wait to eat them for lunch the next day!
Cajun Sausage Skillet
- ⅔ c uncooked rice, and water needed to cook according to package directions
- 1 green bell pepper
- ⅔ c diced onion
- 14 oz Andouille Sausage, 1 package
- 2 Tb butter
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 15 oz red kidney beans, 1 can, rinsed and drained
- To begin, cook the rice according to package directions.
- While the rice cooks, dice the pepper and onion, and cut the sausage into ½ inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the pepper, onion, & sausage. Cook until the pepper & onion are tender and the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, including the cooked rice, and stir together. Cook until the beans are heated through.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.