Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onion make a great side dish or even a meal in it’s own right!
To begin, start heating your oven to 375 degrees.
Start with a quarter of a pound of pancetta.
Slice the stack into strips.
Halve and then slice a red onion. If your onion is gigantic, just use half of it.
In a skillet, melt a quarter of a cup of unsalted butter.
Toss in your sliced onion and the pancetta. Sauté this over medium heat until the onions and pancetta are golden.
Pour the contents of the skillet into a large bowl.
Then grate up two and half cups (10 ounces) of mozzarella Cheese.
Toss it into the bowl along with a teaspoon and a half of parsley.
And a teaspoon of basil
Lastly, add in two tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
Stir it all together.
Split a loaf of soft Italian bread in half.
Lay the bread on a baking sheet. Divide the mixture between the two halves, and spread it over the top.
Bake the bread for 8 minutes, to get things melting. Then switch your oven to broil, and broil it for a minute or two. And Heavens to Betsy, keep an eye on it! When you get beautiful little golden spots, you are done! Remove it from the oven.
Cut the bread into slices.
Served with a nice tossed salad, this is lunch!
For more Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes, checkout these below:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Linguini with Clam Sauce by The Pig and the Fig
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- Empanadas by The Primlani Kitchen
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken with Butter Sauce and Fresh Veggies by BG Garden
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious