The perfect cheese sauce for nachos, veggies and everything else your imagination can run wild with!
The chipotle chili powder in this sauce gives it a nice little kick and a smokey flavor that you will love.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Try browning some ground beef with taco seasoning. Sprinkle over a plate of tortilla chips, drizzle this awesome sauce all over the top. Then finish it off with some pickled jalapeno pepper slices.
Tadaa! Quick and easy nachos for any football party!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 2 Tb unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 Tb all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- To begin, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, toss in the grated garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour and let it cook for one minute.
- Add in the milk and stir continually with a whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the shredded cheese, continuing to stir with a whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the chipotle chili powder.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Variation 1: If you are using this sauce for veggies, feel free to omit the garlic and chipotle chili powder for a basic cheese sauce.
Variation 2: Try stirring in a cup of your favorite salsa!