Begin pre-heating your oven to 325 degrees.
Take a loaf of Ciabatta bread, and split in down the middle. You can use French bread or Italian Bread, but I love the way Ciabatta bread gets such a fantastic “crunch” when this is baked. Place it on a baking sheet.
In a bowl, combine a stick of room temperature butter, and half a cup of mayonnaise.
Whisk those together until smooth.
Grate 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, and add to the bowl.
Roughly chop up a cup of Olives. I prefer to use half green and half black olives, but you can use whatever your favorite kind is. Add to the bowl.
Also add half a teaspoon of Garlic powder. Give it all a stir.
Finally, stir in 1 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese.
Stir it all together, and then divide between the two halves of the loaf.
Spread it all the way to the edges of the bread.
Now my husband has a thing for spicy, so I stuck some jalapeno slices on one end of the bread….this is totally optional for you.
Stick the pan in the oven, and bake this for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn on your broiler and broil it for a short time. Just until you get a little bit of golden brown on the top of the cheese. Watch your bread carefully, because this happens fast!!! It will take probably only 2 minutes, tops.
Now look at how pretty this is!
Oooooooo…… Let this cool a couple minutes.
Cut your bread into slices.
- 1 Loaf Ciabatta Bread
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 c olives, rough-chopped (any combination of green and black)
- 1 c crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Split the loaf of bread down the center, and lay the halves cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in with the mayo mixture.
- Spread the delicious, cheesy mixture over the top of the bread, covering it to the edges.
- Bake this for 20 minutes, then turn the oven to broil, and broil the bread for just a couple minutes, watching carefully.
- After about 2 minutes, remove the bread when it is just beginning to get some golden areas on the tops.
- Allow it to cool for a couple minutes, and then slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 618mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.