Coffee Shop Style Chocolate Chip Muffins – Fluffy and moist muffins with a sprinkling of crunchy sugar.
You will love the delicate texture of these muffins. With a moist inside dotted with chocolate chips, they are the perfect partner to your morning coffee.
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil, or other baking oil
- 1/2 c buttermilk, buttermilk is preferred, but you can use regular milk in a pinch
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- demerara or other coarse sugar for topping
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees,
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set it aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the egg, sugar, and oil.
- Add in half of the flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Add in the buttermilk, stir to combine.
- Add in the remaining flour mixture, stirring until it is just combined. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure that all the flour is mixed in.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into a prepared muffin tin. (Cups should be lined with muffin papers, or sprayed with baking spray.)
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little of the demerera sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for 13-14 minutes or until the muffins test done with a toothpick in the center.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 288 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 22mg Sodium 248mg Carbohydrates 39g Fiber 2g Sugar 22g Protein 5g
You May Also Like:
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mocha Latte Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Bourbon Banana Crumb Muffins
- Chunky Apple Muffins