Coffee Shop Style Chocolate Chip Muffins – Fluffy and moist muffins with a sprinkling of crunchy sugar.
You will love the delicate texture of these muffins. With a moist inside dotted with chocolate chips, they are the perfect partner to your morning coffee.
Coffee Shop Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil, or other baking oil
- 1/2 c buttermilk, buttermilk is preferred, but you can use regular milk in a pinch
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- turbinado sugar, for topping
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees,
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set it aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the egg, sugar, and oil.
- Add in half of the flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Add in the buttermilk, stir to combine.
- Add in the remaining flour mixture, stirring until it is just combined. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure that all the flour is mixed in.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into a prepared muffin tin. (Cups should be lined with muffin papers, or sprayed with baking spray.)
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little of the demerera sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for 13-14 minutes or until the muffins test done with a toothpick in the center.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
You May Also Like:
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mocha Latte Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Bourbon Banana Crumb Muffins
- Chunky Apple Muffins