This Chunky Beef Chili is made in the Instant Pot, and is a hearty chili with a rich, smokey flavor.
To make Chunky Beef Chili you will need:
- avocado oil
- beef stew meat
- red onion
- beef broth
- chili powder
- chipotle chile powder
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- tomato paste
- diced tomatoes
- Instant Pot
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
This chili is full of tender chunks of beef, seasoned with chili powder and smokey chipotle.
It is a great meal for any busy day, because it is cooked in the Instant Pot (or other brand pressure cooker) it is quick to make!
Now if you are wondering why there are carrots in there, let me explain. Paleo recipes do not include legumes, and beans are legumes. So diced carrots are a wonderful substitution.
They lend a slight sweetness to the chili, as well as that great texture and flavor.
You May Also Like:
- Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Spinach Chowder
- Hearty Harvest Beef Stew | Paleo
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 Tb avocado or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 beef stew meat
- 1 c diced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot and add the oil.
- When the oil is nice and hot, sear the beef in batches until browned.
- Press the "cancel" button.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Close and seal the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Press the "soup/stew" button and set it for 35 minutes. Let it run its cycle.
- Once the cooking time has completed, you can allow the pressure to come down naturally, or do the quick-release method.
- Enjoy your chili.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.