Tender, juicy pulled pork with with the tangy flavors of cranberry, orange and rosemary.
To make Cranberry Pulled Pork you will need:
- pork loin
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cranberry sauce
- orange juice
- fresh rosemary
- slow cooker
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
The flavor of this pulled pork comes from a blend of cranberry sauce and orange juice. Simmer it together until it is just dissolved.
Trim any excess fat from the pork and sprinkle it with salt & pepper. Place it in your slow cooker.
You may need to cut your pork loin in half to get it to fit in there.
Set aside a cup of the cranberry sauce mixture. Pour the remaining of the sauce over the pork.
Fresh rosemary gives this a beautiful punch of flavor. You can use fresh or dry (see the recipe card below.)
Add the rosemary to the slow cooker. Place the lid on, and turn the slow cooker on low.
Cook the pork on low heat for 6-8 hours or until the pork is tender. Once it is done, shred the pork with forks.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c cranberry sauce
- 1 c orange juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 Tb dry rosemary)
- To begin, combine the cranberry sauce and orange juice in a saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, just until the cranberry sauce is melted into the juice. Removed from heat.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork loin.
- Place the pork in your slow cooker. Cut the loin in half if you need to for it to fit.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Set aside 1 cup of the cranberry sauce mixture.
- Pour the remaining cranberry sauce mixture over the pork.
- Add in the rosemary.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Discard the rosemary stems.
- Shred the pork with two forks.
- Warm the reserved sauce and serve it with the pork for dipping if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 25g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.