You know what I really love about coffee cakes?
You bake them and they’re done. There’s no frosting or glaze needed, they are already perfect!
This treat is a sour cream coffee cake with a filling of slightly sweetened cream cheese. So good, I’ve made three of them this week!
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Line a spring form cake pan with parchment paper, then spray the inside with cooking spray or grease & flour it. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine a teaspoon of Baking Powder, half a teaspoon of Baking Soda, a quarter teaspoon of Salt and 2 cups of Flour.
Give it a stir, and set it aside.
In your mixing bowl, combine 1/2 a cup of room-temperature Butter and a cup of sugar. Beat them smooth.
Add in 3 eggs, one at a time, completely mixing in each egg before adding the next.
Mix in 2 teaspoons Vanilla.
Mix in half of your flour mixture, then mix in a cup of Sour Cream.
Then mix in the remainder of the flour mixture.
In another bowl, combine 8 ounces of room temperature Cream Cheese, 3 tablespoons of Lemon Juice, and a quarter cup of Powdered Sugar.
Beat these with a whisk until smooth.
Spread half of the cake batter in the bottom of your cake pan.
Spread the filling over the batter.
And then spoon the remaining batter over the filling, and gently spread it smooth.
To finish this off, combine 2 tablespoons of Sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon and 1/4 cup of Pecans, chopped very fine.
Sprinkle those over the top.
Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool in the pan about 10 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges, and remove the sides.
Cool completely, and enjoy!
Just look at that beautiful stripe of goodness in the middle!
- 2 c Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ¼ c Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tb Lemon Juice
- 2 Tb Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ c Pecans, very finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a spring form cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan & paper with cooking spray, or grease & flour it. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, completely mixing in each. Mix in the vanilla. Mix in half of the flour mixture.
- Mix in the sour cream, and then the remaining flour mixture. Set this aside for now.
- In another bowl, with a whisk, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread half of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan. Spread the filling over the cake batter. Spoon the remaining half of the cake batter over the filling, then gently spread it smooth. In a little bowl, combine the final sugar, the cinnamon ad pecans.
- Sprinkle these over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 45-48 minutes or until the cake tests done with a toothpick in the center. Cool about 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge. Remove the side of the pan, and cool the cake completely.