Grab yourself a glass of milk, because you’ll need it with these wickedly rich cookie bars…my son’s favorite!
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees, then line a 8×8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Be sure to leave enough overhang so that you can lift the bars from the pan. Butter the parchment paper, and set it aside.
Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter (3/4 cup) – let it melt and then cool while you do the rest.
In a bowl, combine 2 1/8 cup flour half a teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of baking soda.
Set that aside, and in your mixing bowl, combine a cup of brown sugar…
1/2 cup of regular sugar
And your cooled, melted butter.
Give it a quick mix.
In a little dish, whisk together 1 egg plus the yolk only of a second.
Add that to the sugar mixture, along with 2 teaspoons of vanilla
Give those a mix.
Now add in your dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Now stir in 1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Divide the dough in half, and press half of it into the bottom of your pan.
Over that, sprinkle 3/4 cup toffee bits.
Bake this for 30 minutes, or until the center tests done with a toothpick. Allow it to cool in the dish for 10-15 minutes.
Lift the bars out with the parchment paper/foil, and allow it to cool completely.
Now get yourself a glass of milk… and enjoy!
- 3/4 c butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 c toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper or foil, leaving enough overhang to grasp it after it bakes. Butter the lining, and set it aside.
- Melt your butter, and let it cool. You want it melted, but not hot.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and melted butter.
- In another small bowl,, give your egg and egg yolk and quick whisking.
- Add the eggs and your vanilla to the sugar mixture, and mix it in.
- Now add in your dry ingredients, and mix it until it is just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half, and press half of it into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the toffee bits over the dough.
- Take the rest of the dough and crumble it all over the top.
- Bake this for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center tests done.
- Cool it for 1-15 minutes in the pan, then lift it out with the parchment paper.
- Allow it to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 591 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 18g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 104mg Sodium 367mg Carbohydrates 77g Fiber 2g Sugar 52g Protein 5g