This Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken takes minutes to prep for your slow cooker, and can be used many different ways.
To make this BBQ Chicken you will need:
- chicken breasts or thighs
- apple cider vinegar (natural variety such as Bragg’s)
- honey (omit for keto, or substitute with keto-friendly sweetener)
- coconut aminos
- tomato paste
- liquid smoke
- fish sauce
- chili powder
- sea salt
- Dijon mustard
- ground chipotle
- black pepper
- slow cooker
- cutting board
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
You really can’t get any easier than this recipe.
All of the ingredients are combined in your slow cooker, and a couple hours later you simply shred the chicken.
Watch me make this recipe in the video below
You May Also Like: Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup | Slow Cooker
Serve the pulled chicken on buns, over fries with melted cheese, or stuffed in a baked potato. There’s so many things you could do with it.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken
- slow cooker
- 1 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar, natural kind, like Bragg's
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 2 Tb coconut aminos
- 3 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, hickory
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 2 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in your slow cooker. Stir together.
- Nestle the chicken into the mixture and turn the chicken around to coat it with the mixture.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and cut or shred the chicken. Discard any hard pieces of fat that you may find.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and cook for 30-60 more minutes.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.