Easy Meatball Hoagies are what I call a “short cut” meal. It’s the kind of meal you make when you are not going to have a lick of time to cook that day.
These hoagies utilize store-bought frozen meatballs. Of course, if you have a batch of my all-purpose meatballs in the freezer, you could use those too.
- 1 c thinly sliced red onion (about half of a red onion)
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 Tb balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1½ lb frozen Italian style meatballs
- sliced provolone cheese
- hoagie or sandwich rolls
- To begin, place a cup of thinly sliced red onion in your slow cooker. (I used half of a red onion.)
- In a bowl, combine the marinara sauce, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes and all-purpose seasoning. Stir those all together.
- Place the meatballs in your slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce over the top and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve the meatballs on rolls with a slice of provolone cheese. How easy is that?!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1134mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
I originally shared this recipe over at Hip Homeschool Moms.