Easy Meatball Hoagies are what I call a “short cut” meal. It’s the kind of meal you make when you are not going to have a lick of time to cook that day.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
These hoagies utilize store-bought frozen meatballs. Of course, if you have a batch of my all-purpose meatballs in the freezer, you could use those too.
Easy Meatball Hoagies from your Slow Cooker
- 1 c thinly sliced red onion, about half of a red onion
- 24 oz marinara sauce, 1 jar
- 1 Tb balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- 1½ lb frozen Italian style meatballs
- sliced provolone cheese
- hoagie or sandwich rolls
- To begin, place a cup of thinly sliced red onion in your slow cooker. (I used half of a red onion.)
- In a bowl, combine the marinara sauce, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and all-purpose seasoning. Stir those all together.
- Place the meatballs in your slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce over the top and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve the meatballs on rolls with a slice of provolone cheese. How easy is that?!
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
I originally shared this recipe over at Hip Homeschool Moms.