This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I think everyone has days where they simply don’t have the time or energy to cook a big meal, but they still want to set something on the table for the family that does not involve a take-out menu and a telephone. Fajita Quesadillas are the perfect meal for a night like that, whether it was a chaotic work day or a fun-filled weekend…supper is ready!
Today the Sunday Supper team is teaming up with McCormick to bring you quick and delicious recipes featuring McCormick’s new Skillet Sauces. The Skillet Sauces come in 7 different varieties to choose from. Each variation includes a recipe using basic ingredients and the pouch has everything you need to create a sizzling skillet of flavor to satisfy the family!
I will be using the Fajita with roasted chili, garlic & lime to make you these simply delicious quesadillas.
To begin, cut a red bell pepper and medium onion into strips.
Cut a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts into thin strips.
In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium high heat and toss in the chicken strips. Cook until the chicken begins to get golden around the edges, turn it over and cook on the other side. This will take about 8 minutes, depending on the heat.
Toss in the onion & pepper strips and cook for 3 minutes.
Pour in the contents of the McCormick skillet sauce packet.
Reduce the heat to low, stir and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the onion & pepper are just tender.
Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto a flour tortilla. Top with shredded colby-jack cheese and some guacamole. Now you can serve these just like this as a fajita, but I love a crispy tortilla so I added the step of turning this into a quesadilla.
Fold the tortilla over and place it in a panini press. Cook it in the press for 1-2 minutes or until the tortilla is crisped and golden.
Cut into wedges and serve with some sour cream.
McCormick has been bringing flavor to the table for nearly 125 years, so who better to bring you the seasoning blends that you need to make your quick supper…super!?
Find ways to put the Skillet Sauces to work for you by checking out the Sunday Supper recipes below, and by visiting the McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest Board.
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET/6:00 pm CST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1 package (6 oz) McCormick's Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime Skillet Sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 oz. Colby-jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- To begin, cut the red bell pepper and onion into strips.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium high heat and toss in the chicken strips. Cook until the chicken begins to get golden around the edges, turn it over and cook on the other side. This will take about 8 minutes, depending on the heat.
- Toss in the onion & pepper strips and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the contents of the McCormick Skillet Sauce packet. Reduce the heat to low, stir and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the onion & pepper are just tender.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Top with shredded colby-jack cheese and some guacamole. You can serve these just like this as a fajita, but I love a crispy tortilla so I added the step of turning this into a quesadilla.
- Fold the tortilla over and place it in a panini press. Cook it in the press for 1-2 minutes or until the tortilla is crisped and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve with some sour cream.