To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease/butter/spray a 9×13 baking dish. Set it aside.
Before you start mixing, measure out all of your ingredients and have them ready to go. (Refer to the recipe below for everything you’ll need.)
In a small dish, whisk three eggs, and set it aside.
In a medium-sized saucepan, melt 2 sticks of unsalted butter, and 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate over low heat, stirring often.
When it is all melted smooth, remove it from the heat, and whisk in 1/2 cup Dutch Process Baking Cocoa
2 1/2 cups sugar
Along with 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules and 2 teaspoons of Vanilla.
Quickly whisk in the eggs. Make sure the ingredients in the saucepan have cooled well first though. You do NOT want scrambled eggs in your brownies!
Isn’t this looking beautiful and rich?
Finally, whisk in 1 1/2 cup flour.
Be sure and mix it all in well.
Pour the rich, heavenly goodness into your pan.
Spread it out evenly in the pan.
Now at the last moment, I decided to add some pecans to this. I sprinkled them on top and swirled around with a butter knife to mix them in. If you would like pecans in yours, stir them in while the batter is still in the saucepan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan, on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tb instant Coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c chopped pecans, optional
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 13-by-9–inch baking pan or spray it with nonstick cooking spray. (I use my "pan-ease" mixture.)
- Measure out all of your ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk your eggs. Set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a medium-size saucepan over low heat and let melt together, stirring until smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and instant coffee granules, then blend in the vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs, stirring to mix quickly so they don’t have a chance to cook at all before they are blended in.
- Whisk in the flour. If you would like pecans in your brownies, stir them in now.
- Scrape the thick batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake until the edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan on a wire rack. When completely cool, cut them into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.