These crispy, grain-free waffles are the perfect way to get your day started.
These waffles have a wonderful flavor and are the perfect addition to your breakfast table.
To make Grain-free Waffles you will need:
- cassava flour
- arrowroot flour
- baking soda
- full fat coconut milk
- coconut oil
- natural apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s)
- vanilla extract
- mixing bowl
- waffle maker
These waffles have a nice, crunchy texture on the outside, but are light and fluffy on the inside.
Serve your waffles with some Homemade Breakfast Sausage if you like.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 1/4 c cassava flour
- 1/4 c arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tb natural apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To begin, preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir gently as your arrowroot and cassava flours are very fine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. The batter will be quite thick. If it is too thick, you can add a tablespoon or two of water to the batter.
- Cook the waffles in your waffle-maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Cassava flour is a very dense flour. I find that these grain-free waffles take a bit longer to cook that traditional waffles. Keep that in mind when you are cooking yours in the waffle-maker and adjust accordingly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.