Morning chores, a big laugh, German cabbage soup and a tip about cooking with wine.
- 5 slices, thick cut bacon - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb butter
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2/3 c white wine
- 4 c beef broth
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1 c heavy cream
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- To begin, saute the bacon, butter and cabbage together in a Ditch oven over medium heat until the cabbage is cooked and slightly browned in some spots.
- Add in the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen all of the "flavor bits" and de-glaze the pot.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 322 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 998mg Carbohydrates 22g Fiber 3g Sugar 3g Protein 9g