Morning chores, a big laugh, German cabbage soup and a tip about cooking with wine.
- 5 slices, thick cut bacon - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb butter
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2/3 c white wine
- 4 c beef broth
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1 c heavy cream
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- To begin, saute the bacon, butter and cabbage together in a Ditch oven over medium heat until the cabbage is cooked and slightly browned in some spots.
- Add in the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen all of the "flavor bits" and de-glaze the pot.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 322 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 998mg Carbohydrates 22g Fiber 3g Sugar 3g Protein 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.