Sloppy Joes with red bell pepper, onion and seasonings, made in the Instant Pot for a family favorite meal.
Making your own homemade Sloppy Joe mixture is super easy to do and so delicious! Often people think about Sloppy Joes, and all they think of is sandwiches. But this seasoned and sauced ground beef is great on a salad, in a baked potato or even on top of some French fries.
To Make This Recipe for Sloppy Joes You Will Need:
- ground beef
- red bell pepper
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- hot paprika
- dry mustard
- tomato sauce
- tomato paste
- apple cider vinegar
- coconut aminos
- honey (omit for keto)
- cutting board
- slotted spoon
- Instant Pot
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
This all begins with browning your ground beef in the Instant Pot.
Then you’ll sauté the died pepper and onion until they are just slightly tender.
Then you’ll return the ground beef to the Instant Pot, along with some garlic, Italian seasoning, hot paprika and a few other things.
This recipe can be made with any ground meat. You could use ground pork, turkey or chicken, even ground venison or a combination.
Close up the Instant Pot and cook it for 35 minutes on high pressure. Afterwards you can do a quick release, or let the pressure come down naturally.
Serve your Sloppy Joe mixture any way you like.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Healthy Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can, 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1 Tb coconut aminos
- 1 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tb honey, omit for honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To begin, sauté the ground beef until it is browned, using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot. Once is is browned, press the "cancel" button.
- Scoop the ground beef out with a slotted spoon, to a dish and set it aside for now.
- Cook the onion and pepper together on the sauté setting until they just begin to get a little tender. About 2 minutes. Press the cancel button.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, including the browned beef to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 35 using the manual option.
- Once it has completed its cycle, let the pressure come down naturally, or you can do a quick release.
- Serve the Sloppy Joe mixture on buns, baked potatoes, or any way you like.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.