Homemade pizza sauce is easy to whip up for any pizza recipe. Learn how to make it yourself and never have to buy it again.
When you realize how easy it is to make homemade pizza sauce, you’ll wonder why you ever bought the pre-made stuff at the store.
It’s also handy to know how to make your own pizza sauce, because it gives you control over ingredients like salt or sugar.
You May Also Like:
How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce
Easy homemade pizza sauce for every pizza recipe you could want to make.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1 Tb oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- To begin, simply combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Stir these all together and simmer it over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Use as needed for any pizza recipe!
3 thoughts on “How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce”
Yesterday I made this sauce to go on the pizza dough I made. It was excellent. Combined with my new pizza stone I will be making more homemade pizza from now on!
After hearing an interview on NPR encouraging store-bought dough, I have been whipping up lovely pizza every week. I suffer a teeny bit of guilt over this, but now with homemade sauce perhaps I can move forward guilt-free. Thank you.